The Living Last Supper
Maundy Thursday, April 1, 7 pm
Join us for this dramatic musical experience of the Last Supper that Jesus shared with his disciples the night before his death. Using Leonardo da Vinci’s beloved painting, “The Last Supper,” the Cantata retells the happenings of Jesus’ final dinner, with the characters actually discussing the main question that took place that night: Is it I who will betray you?
Be moved by the choir as they sing this powerful music written by Ruth Elaine Schram, accompanied by a small orchestra, songs which express the disciples very real emotions associated with the story of Jesus’ ministry and its impact.
Other Holy Week Events:
- Good Friday prayer vigil, April 2, 6 am to midnight – Come spend 30 minutes to an hour in the sanctuary watching and praying, as Jesus called His disciples to do. All ages welcome. Under 16 must have adult supervision. Sign up in the narthex.
- Easter Sunrise service – 7 am, on the patio
- Pancake breakfast – 8 am in the Fellowship Hall
- Easter egg hunt for the children – 9 am, on the patio
- Sunday School classes – 9:15
- Easter Worship Service – 10:30