Times are very difficult for our nation. The elders and leaders of First Presbyterian have spoken regarding the challenges created by Covid 19 in light of the need to keep people safe and diminish the virus. At the same time, we need the church, worship, prayer, and the overriding wisdom of our Lord. Therefore, we as leaders have decided we WILL have the worship service at 10:30 but Sunday School classes for tomorrow are cancelled. Please use your own judgment in attending worship.
In order to do the very best to protect everyone’s health, here is the protocol we will follow:
- Our greeters will open the door for you so that it is not necessary for you to touch the door handles.
- We will refrain from all handshakes and hugs, giving personal space as advised by our governmental officials. You can still smile though, so greet one another with a smile!
- Please spread out and sit throughout the sanctuary for the same reason.
- To reduce risk there will be no passing of the offering plates, rather, stations will be located in the front and back of the sanctuary and we ask that you take your offering and simply drop it in. Another way is to give online at www.fpcd.org.
- The nursery will be open or your children may accompany you to worship.
- If you are ill, please stay home and let us know so that we can pray for you. Watch us online through the FPCD website.
As you prepare for tomorrow, and as you talk to and encourage your friends, consider this wonderful Psalm: God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! A river brings joy to the city of our God, the sacred home of the Most High. God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed. From the very break of day, God will protect it. The nations are in chaos, and their kingdoms crumble! God’s voice thunders, and the earth melts! The LORD of Heaven’s Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.
READ THE MESSAGE: Righteousness with Reason