We are seeking a Children’s and Christian Education Coordinator who can oversee the program for Sunday School, as well as the children’s involvement in the worship service and special services, and also work with all Sunday School teachers, with an overarching cohesive support of FPCD Sunday School classes. Is this something you think you would be good at and interested in doing? Take a look at the full job description below.
To begin the application process, email Jennifer McWilliams at email@example.com.
Job Title: “Children’s and Christian Education Coordinator”
Pay: $15/per hr.
Reports to: Pastor
- A Children’s Coordinator who can oversee the program for Sunday School, as well as the children’s involvement in the worship service and special services (i.e., Christmas program, Easter events, back to school party, etc.) and also work with all Sunday School teachers, with an overarching cohesive support of FPCD Sunday School classes.
- Someone with a strong presence to help with order and discipline during children’s Sunday School.
- (Option) – Someone to work with kids on Wednesday nights when we have Dinner/Bible studies. We would like to do this more often.
- Additional job duties as assigned by Pastor
Job Duty Details
Overseeing Sunday School
- Selecting curriculum for (all) levels after discussion with teachers; that is, the position would support CE in general, with directions for growth, curriculum advice, and other expertise that he/she may be able to provide.
- Communicate occasionally with parents and members of the congregation to encourage participation in Sunday School, Small Groups, Women or Men’s Fellowship groups or other discipleship programs.
- Being a “presence” during Sunday School hour, or arrange for a parent volunteer to be the added strong presence for children’s classes. (Some parents are willing to do this.)
- Teachers arrange for their own subs when they are out.
Oversee Youth Sunday, preparation for Worship Service
- Reach out (month in advance) and solidify children/youth that will be included in worship.
- Prepare students the week prior during Sunday school for the worship service—rehearse the liturgy and prayers for the service.
- Week of Youth Sunday be prepared to rehearse in the sanctuary with children/ youth before the service.
Wednesday Night Program (optional)
- Coordinate with an adult Wednesday night dinner/Bible Study. Children eat with parents then split off for age-appropriate Bible lesson. To be developed.
Pastor Assigned duties
- This will depend on the skills of the person hired, the needs of the church, and the timeframe of the job, as listed above.
If you’re interested in applying, please email Jennifer McWilliams at firstname.lastname@example.org.