As a community of followers of Jesus Christ:
- We believe God exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that he is a being of unimaginably wonderful power, goodness, and love.
(Psalm 118:1; Psalm 145:1-9; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe the world exists because God created it, that it belongs to him and therefore we should cherish and care for it.
(Genesis 1:1; Psalm 24:1-2; Isaiah 40:25-26; 1 Corinthians 10:26)
- We believe all human beings have dignity because they were created by God in his own image, and great worth because they are valued by God beyond our ability to measure.
(Genesis 1:27, 31; Psalm 8:3-6; John 3:16; Romans 5:8)
- We believe this world also has pain and suffering because human beings have fallen and sinned, and are estranged from God, from each other, from ourselves, and from creation.
(Genesis 3:17; Romans 3:23; Colossians 1:21; Titus 3:3)
- We believe God does not intend for sin and suffering to get the last word, but is at work to redeem and reconcile what he has made.
(Isaiah 11:6-9; Colossians 1:21-23; Revelation 21:1-5)
- We believe God has revealed the truth about himself in the scriptures of the Old and New Testament, which are our unique and authoritative guides in faith and action.
(Matthew 4:4; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe God has expressed himself uniquely in his Son Jesus, who lived, taught, died, and rose again for our sakes. Jesus is our master and teacher and savior and friend, and now reigns forever with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
(John 14:6-7; Acts 2:32; 1 Corinthians. 15:3-4; Ephesians 2:13; Colossians 1:15-20; Philippians 2:5-11; 1 Timothy 2:5-6)
- We believe the Spirit of God is now available so we can be closer to God than the air we breathe.
(John 14:26; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:26; Galatians 3:14; Ephesians 1:13-14)
- We believe the Church is the community through which God wants to bring love, healing, and growth to the human race, to which he invites everyone who is willing to follow Jesus to join.
(Matthew 18:18-20; John 1:12-13; Acts 1:8; Galatians 3:28; 1 Peter 2:9)