PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN’S MINISTRY
Presbyterian Women’s Ministry includes all women of the Presbyterian Church (USA). PW is a social and service group which also provides opportunities to study God’s Word. All women of the church are invited to participate in PW activities.
Mission Statement of PW:
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study;
- To support the mission of the church worldwide;
- To work for justice and peace; and
- To build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s Kingdom.
In 2016, we provided opportunities for women to implement the above by offering:
Women’s Fellowship Groups –
- Agape Women’s Fellowship meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 1:00 pm
- Sarah Women’s Fellowship meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm
In 2016, both groups met for dessert, fellowship and Bible study, using the national church’s PW Horizon Bible Study books, “Come to the Waters” in the first half of the year and “Who is Jesus?” during the second half of the year.
Plant & Bake Sale (April) and Spaghetti Supper/Christmas Auction (December)
These two fund-raising events provide the funds through which we support our local church, PW nationally, and various mission projects worldwide. Thanks to your generous support, we raised $600 at the Plant & Bake Sale in April and $1,600 at the Christmas auction in December.
In 2016, with motives of sharing and service, we supported the following organizations:
- Presbyterian Women’s National Mission, PC(USA)
- Heifer International
- Presbyterian Pan American School
- Bridges Safehouse (Cedar Hill)
- PW National Mission (Birthday and Least Coin offerings)
- FPCD (garden flowers, bushes replaced, etc)
Serving as board members are Jocelyn Bolles and Joan Brown. Please consider joining us to serve on the PW Board in 2017.
~Jocelyn & Joan for PW